We’ve all seen the TV commercials, build a website and your customers will find you. Well that’s what they say anyway… There is truth in advertising. Build it and your customers will find you, but build it and potential customers will find you is another story.
Recently I have noticed that more and more websites lack the appropriate SEO and internet marketing techniques required to get noticed online. Yes, they have a nice looking website, however after taking a closer look, are missing the appropriate HTML tags and SEO content that Google and other search engines look for when determining the sites search engine results placement.
Why is this happening? Was the site designed by someone using an online service, wants an online presence and does not understand that there is more to creating a website than the look of the site? Is it because the website developer lacks the SEO knowledge and tools to optimize the site? Or lastly…Is it because the business owner lacked the funds to create a fully functioning, well optimized website? No matter the reason, it is unfortunate that so many businesses are missing out on much needed traffic.
I recently spoke with someone who believed that they were receiving hundreds of visitors, and was concerned because they weren’t receiving email contacts. I then reviewed several online traffic tools and found that they were not receiving the hundreds of visitors and in fact, traffic was so low that it didn’t even register. After further review I found that the site lacked necessary internet marketing META tag information and also did not provide an email link on any of the sites pages.
Tips for Attracting More Customers Online
In order to attract customers it is not only important to have an attractive looking site, it is also important to incorporate the following internet marketing techniques.
- Keyword Analysis; Learn which keywords potential customers look for when searching for your products or services.
- Competitive Analysis; Work with an internet marketing professional to understand the competitions social media activity, keywords and historical strengths.
- META Tags; Be sure to develop an informative description and keywords to be used in the sites META Tags.
- Content; Google and other search engines look for up to date, informative content that keeps the visitor coming back. Keyword should be included in the sites SEO content. This action will help search engines determine a sites page ranking.
- Get Social; Social Media is a contributing factor to a sites page placement. The more time a visitor spends on a site, as well as the number of pages visited, will aid in a site’s search engine ranking.
- Back Link Structure; When sites link back to a website, the more reputable it becomes in the eye of search engines. Ask friends and colleagues if you can contribute content on their blog. This blog post should include a link that is directed back to the promoted website.
Building a website without the proper supporting structure will unfortunately hurt your businesses bottom line. A healthy back bone will not only improve the number of visitors, it will also improve a site’s return on investment.
If you are new to online marketing or have a site that is lacking in visitors, First Capital Internet Marketing is here to help. Contact us today and learn how we can help improve your sites SERP.